STRATO Developer Edition - Getting Started guide
Key components to note
- Bloc API: User/Account Management and Smart-contracts management via API.
- STRATO API: Blockchain API for blocks and transactions.
- Cirrus: Index and search smart-contracts, SQL-like query API for looking up smart-contracts and state changes.
- STRATO Management Dashboard (SMD): Web based UI for your Private Ethereum Blockchain Network using Bloc/STRATO API for User and Contracts management & offering SQL like query interface for smart-contracts.
Sign-up for trial
To use this guide you will need to have signed up for our Developer Edition Trial, if you have not already done so sign up here: http://developers.blockapps.net/trial
- Install Docker on your machine
Install Docker Compose on your machine
For Mac users: Install
wgetusing Homebrew (use the steps below):
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
brew install wget --with-libressl
- Install Docker Toolbox ("Docker for Windows" is not currently supported)
The list of the ports required to be available on the machine
Steps to setup and run STRATO Developer Edition using Docker on your machine:
- Clone STRATO Getting Started repo using
git cloneor download and extract .zip archive. And
cdinto that folder.
- Copy and paste these credentials into your terminal to login to the Docker container:
docker login -u blockapps-repo -p [email protected] registry-aws.blockapps.net:5000
Launch STRATO services:
chmod +x strato.sh
Then run the script:
If running on the remote machine, provide the NODE_HOST variable with the machine's external IP address or domain (reachable through the network) when running the STRATO:
NODE_HOST=example.com ./strato.sh --single
Windows users should always provide the NODE_HOST variable with the docker machine IP address (in most cases it is
192.168.99.100) when running the STRATO:
NODE_HOST=192.168.99.100 ./strato.sh --single
Check if STRATO services are running (using
docker ps) & view the Strato Management Dashboard at
http://<remote_node_host>/when running on remote machine)
NODE_HOSTis set in step 3, use it's value instead of the
Explore the Bloc and STRATO API docs via the top right link on the Dashboard (http://localhost)
- Default credentials for UI web pages:
username: admin password: admin
- API Docs can also be accessed at these endpoints directly:
strato-api: http://localhost/strato-api/eth/v1.2/docs bloc api: http://localhost/bloc/v2.2/docs
- Default credentials for UI web pages:
Refer documentation here to get started with developing a sample app: https://github.com/blockapps/blockapps-ba
Reach out to BlockApps team for more info on support and enterprise licensed subscription: http://blockapps.net/learn-more-blockapps-strato-demo/
To stop a running instance of STRATO Developer Edition on your machine, run this command (from within the git cloned
To stop and wipe out a running instance of STRATO Developer Edition on your machine, run this command (from within the git cloned
getting-started folder)(you will lose state of any transactions/data created in the blockchain)
Public STRATO instance
If you can't run your own STRATO instance on your machine, try our public instance (accessible to anyone with the credentials, so don't host Production or Production-like apps/content):
STRATO services need the following ports to be available on the machine (refer docker-compose.yml for details):
:80, :443 (for Nginx) :30303, :30303/UDP (for Strato P2P)
Multinode Network (Public STRATO Testnet)
- In early alpha, bootnode may go down and blockchain data wiped out during refreshes and upgrades
- Use only for testing
You can now run your local STRATO node peering it to the main bootnode and experience a multinode blockchain test network.
Here's the command to start your local node to connect and sync with our bootnode:
- The bootnode is: stratodev.blockapps.net
- Bootnode Dashboard: https://stratodev.blockapps.net/