AWS Getting Started
AWS Marketplace offer - getting started with BlockApps STRATO on AWS
BlockApps STRATO instance on AWS marketplace
- On the AWS marketplace search for the keyword "blockapps" or "blockchain" and you'll find our listed offer (with a 5-day free trial edition).
This individual STRATO instance (private blockchain node, self-contained and sufficient for prototyping and light POC's) provides a RESTful web API on the HTTP port for querying the blockchain and compiling and uploading contracts.
Run on VM
Steps to run STRATO Developer Edition using the AWS marketplace AMI:
All the setup is already done for you in the packaged AMI, just run the startup script to launch the platform services.
- Step 1: Login to your AWS account or create one if you don't already have one.
- Step 2: Deploy a new EC2 instance from the BlockApps STRATO AMI, with at least 20 GB of space on the root volume.
- Step 3: SSH to your newly deployed node (user: ubuntu).
- Step 4: Run strato-admin script (takes about 10-20secs to see all docker containers running):
$ ./strato-admin.sh --start
Note: if the instance services do not come up within a minute, you can restart the services using:
./strato-admin.sh --stop ./strato-admin.sh --start
*The single instance will provide the following (all on port 80):
The strato api -> http://[your server ip]/strato-api
A bloc instance -> http://[your server ip]/bloc/v2.1
A bloc explorer -> http://[your server ip]
bloc API docs -> http://[your server ip]/bloc/v2.1/docs
STRATO API docs -> http://[your server ip]/strato-api/eth/v1.2/docs
Cirrus search -> http://[your server ip]/cirrus/search/
Once you've the instance up and running with the API's, you can also explore our demo-app here: https://github.com/blockapps/blockapps-ba